Emily wanted a longer apron because I made a short one for her last year. For the most part I copied an old Advance pattern (4998) which I saw on Flickr. I decided to take the zig-zag border up the back of the apron as well, because the bride and groom fabric is only 36″ wide and I didn’t have enough to add more to the ends. The apron is pleated rather than gathered — I was pretty sick of gathers after the last apron. Both of the prints I used are vintage tightly woven dress percales.
One of the fun things about making these aprons is deciding how to construct a design I have in my head or see in a photo. It would be interesting to look at the original pattern instructions to see how my construction differs. For some reason the designs are getting more elaborate as I go along — I doubt there will be any more posts with 2 apron finishes.