Seven Sisters Quilt Top

I can hardly believe it’s been a whole year since I finished hand piecing the blocks for the Seven Sisters quilt top. Although I managed to get the blocks sewn together with the white triangle pieces, the top languished for many months because I couldn’t decide if I wanted a border, and if so, what type of border. Last week I decided to tackle the problem again, and I’m very pleased with the result. For the scrappy striped border, I used some of the same vintage swatches that I used to make the blocks. The top with border is 80″ x 96″.

Some of the seams have a little bit of puckering, but I feel confident that it won’t show once the top is hand quilted. You can read about my progress making this top in the following links: design, blocks in progress, more blocks in progress, and blocks finished.





Previous Post
Next Post