To make these aprons, I cut this cute vintage border print into two pieces, just like I did with the Violet Chintz Aprons. One apron is made with the bottom of the border print, while the other is made from the less interesting top portion of the print.
The bottom border apron was easy, with just a bit of checked bias tape and a blue floral print. There aren’t any pockets in this one because I didn’t want to mess up the tulip print, but there was just enough bias tape left to add some piping to the waistband. I really like this effect, and plan to do it more often.
The fabric for the second tulip apron was a little plain, so I added a border and pockets made with one of my favorite feedsacks, together with some vintage unfolded bias tape that came on a humongous roll. Because I felt sort of sorry for this apron (not having the beautiful border tulips and all), I think I went a little crazy with all the trims.